Tuesday, August 8, 2023

ACRE Carbon Ultralight


 

Before I bought mine, I only saw this rollator once in Stuy Town. I wasn't able to ask a question, as I was too far away, and the car holding the person and the rollator drove of. Because of my needs, I wanted something very light and less bumpy than what I had. I was impressed with Acre's website and the comments. The rollator costs a bit of money, so I had to pay in interest-free installments. I am still testing the rollator out, but it is definitely lighter (10.6 pounds) and smoother, as the wheels are made of soft but durable rubber and unlike the plastic wheels I was used to. However, I feel a bit unsteady at this early stage, but that's possibly a trick of the mind and not being familiar with the Acre. The rollator is beautiful. Expensive but beautiful. One has to ease up on my concerns and learn to "bang" it a bit, as I was doing with my older walker. 

It must be mentioned that the seat is a tight fit. Some of the Acre people sit with their legs crossed, and that may be the reason, though it's not mentioned. (Three width sizes, by the way: Compact, Regular, and Wide. I have the Regular.) I don't usually sit down, so this was not a deal-breaker. But to some, it may be. I also had to buy a storage bag, as what they give you with the rollator (an "organizer bag") is too small. So more money spent. The seat is also higher than non-Acre models. Not a plus for me. But, again, I rarely sit.

If I were just "walking" in Stuy Town and Peter Cooper, the Acre Carbon Ultralight would be great, but I need something for longer distances. Before Covid and my fall, I use to go to Chinatown once a week. I would like to see Manhattan with a light and smooth rollator that I can easily fold and sit inside any cafe in the city. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Selling It?

I will probably try to sell my Miracle Mobility Electric Walker/Wheelchair. Yesterday, I took it for a ride around Stuy Town and almost fell...